Around 25 Flights Delayed at Kolkata Airport as Internet Server Goes Down
The airlines, therefore, were issuing boarding passes manually since 5.30pm, said a senior official Airports Authority of India (AAI).
File photo of Kolkata airport.
New Delhi: About 25 flights were delayed at the Kolkata airport as its Internet server went down since 5.30pm on Monday, a senior official of the Airports Authority of India (AAI) said.
The airlines, therefore, were issuing boarding passes manually since 5.30pm, the official added.
The AAI owns and manages more than 100 airports — including the Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport in Kolkata — across the country.
"The Internet server has been down since 5.30pm and it is likely to start working from 10.30pm today (Monday). About 25 flights have been delayed between 5.30pm and 9pm by an average time of 20-25 minutes," said the AAI official.
The official added that the IT team of the AAI is working diligently to resolve the issue.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Why Are Apps on Your iPhone Requesting For Bluetooth? iOS 13 Reveals The Secrets
- A Simple Case of Ear Infection Could Be the Reason Why Entire Species of Neanderthals Went Extinct
- 'Cruelest Twist of Fate': Man Drowns While Proposing to His Girlfriend Underwater
- Ayushmann Khurrana-Nushrat Bharucha's Dream Girl Song Removed from YouTube Over Copyright Issues
- Deepak Punia Books Tokyo Olympics Quota After Entering Semis at World Wrestling Championships