As Mumbai Comes to a Standstill Due to Heavy Rains, Govt Says Only Emergency Services to Function
Authorities have also advised people to avoid stepping out of their homes as the Indian Meteorological Department has forecast heavy rains.
Vehicles drive along a flooded street after heavy rain showers in Mumbai. (Image: AFP)
Mumbai: The Maharashtra government on Tuesday said that only emergency services will remain functional in Mumbai due to the incessant rains that have affected the road traffic and railways in the city.
Authorities have also advised people to avoid stepping out of their homes as the Indian Meteorological Department has forecast heavy rains. The heavy rainfall has submerged the roads and rail tracks.
"Based on further inputs from other agencies, we have taken the decision to keep emergency services operational. We have appealed to the people not to venture out in this situation", Brijesh Singh, the official spokesperson of the state government, said.
Several parts of Mumbai received around 100 mm rainfall since Monday morning, affecting trains and the road traffic.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Lady Gaga Falls Off Stage With Fan During Concert in Las Vegas, See Video
- Akshay Kumar Trolled for Seven-year-old Comments, Sonakshi Sinha Defends Him
- Woman Wears Clothes Weighing 2.5 Kilo to Avoid Paying Excess Baggage Fee at Airport
- 'Dayaben' Disha Vakani Looks Radiant as Ever in Her Comeback Appearance on TMKOC
- Google Pixel 4 Face Unlock is so Unsecure, You May as Well Not Bother Using it