As Prices Soar to Rs 150 in Hyderabad, Man Caught Stealing Onions on CCTV from Woman Vendor's Cart
The woman told police that around 15-20 kg of the stored bulb was found missing from the pushcart but later said she was not interested in filing a formal complaint.
Hyderabad: About 15-20 kg of onions, whose prices have skyrocketed, were allegedly stolen from a woman vendor's pushcart with the act caught on camera, police said on Saturday.
The incident happened on the intervening night of Thursday and Friday, and the woman found the onions missing from her pushcart on Friday morning, police said.
However, no case was registered as the woman did not file any complaint, Chikkadpally Police Station Inspector P Shiva Shankar Rao said.
A CCTV footage showed an unidentified man parking his two-wheeler and then opening the gunny bag covers kept on the pushcart and later putting the onions from a basket into his bag and later driving away.
The woman told police that around 15-20 kg of the stored bulb was found missing from the pushcart but later said she was not interested in filing a formal complaint, police said.
Onion prices at the retail market in Hyderabad hover between Rs 40-Rs 150 per kg depending on the quality.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Deepika Padukone Shares Her Chennai Shopping List for Ranveer Singh, Fans Tag Her as #WifeyGoals
- PUBG Mobile: Exclusive Maserati Ghibli Skin For Dacia Spotted
- Padma Shri Oinam Bembem Devi Used to Change Her Name to Play With Boys When She Was Young
- India vs New Zealand 2nd T20I Live Streaming: When & Where to Watch Live Telecast on TV & Online
- Pakistan Thump Sloppy Bangladesh for Twenty20 Series Win