Asansol Mayor Says Man Claiming to be Babul Supriyo Threatened Him Over Phone
In a letter to the police, Tiwari said that MP and Union Minister Babul Supriyo used expletives and threatened him with dire consequences.
File photo of Union Minister Babul Supriyo.
New Delhi: Asansol mayor and Trinamool Congress MLA Jitendra Kumar Tiwari on Saturday alleged that a caller, claiming to be Union Minister Babul Supriyo, has verbally abused and threatened him.
In a letter to the police, Tiwari said that MP and Union Minister Babul Supriyo used expletives and threatened him with dire consequences, news agency ANI reported.
Earlier this week, Tiwari had asked the police to arrest BJP workers whom he accused of vandalizing TMC office in Paschim Burdwan.
Alleging there was a delay in action taken by the police he threatened them stating that if immediate action was not taken he would vandalise the BJP office in the area.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Inside Kapil Sharma, Ginni Chatrath's Baby Shower Party
- Malaika Arora Shows How to Stretch in Her Monday Motivation Pics, See Here
- Why Dyson Air Purifiers Are Smarter Than Most: Better Filters And Smarter Testing
- Bigg Boss 13 Day 14 Written Update: Salman Khan Eliminates Koena Mitra on Weekend Ka Vaar
- 15-year-old Coco Gauff Beat Jelena Ostapenko to Win First WTA Title at Linz