Ashok Gehlot Says No Place for Mob Lynching in Rajasthan Day After Court Acquits 6 Accused in Pehlu Khan Case
While speaking during the Independence Day function at the secretariat, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot said, in order to ensure that no one becomes the victim of mob lynching in the state, the government has brought a stringent law.
Rajasthan CM Ashok Gehlot during Independence Day celebrations. (Photo: Twitter/Ashok Gehlot)
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Thursday said that there is no place for mob lynching in the state.
To ensure that no one becomes the victim of mob lynching in the state, we have brought an stringent law, Gehlot said in his address during the Independence Day function at the secretariat here.
"Mob lynching is a blot on humanity. We all can feel what the family of the victim would feel. There is no place for any such incident in the state," he said.
He said the state government had also made a law against honour killing.
A play on mob lynching was also performed by some employees and members of their family.
Various culture items were presented during the function, which was attended by Chief Secretary DB Gupta and other officials.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Sophie Turner Dances Arm in Arm with Priyanka Chopra's Mother at Jonas Brothers Concert
- Ira Khan Shares Romantic Pic With Boyfriend Mishaal, But Her Caption Spark Concern Among Netizens
- Woman, Whose Rendition of Lata Mangeshkar Classic Went Viral, Records Song for Himesh Reshammiya
- PV Sindhu Overcomes Tai Tzu Ying to Reach World Badminton Championships Semi-finals
- 'Choked' by Husband’s Extreme Love and Affection, UAE Woman Seeks Divorce