Assam CM Sonowal's Helicopter Makes Emergency Landing After Mid-air Turbulence
Sonowal, who was travelling from Guwahati to Lakhimpur, had a narrow escape when the pilot of the chopper found it difficult to cross some hills at Banderdewa near Assam-Arunachal Pradesh border due to thick clouds.
File photo of Assam CM and BJP leader Sarbananda Sonowal.
Lakhimpur (Assam): A helicopter carrying Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal made an emergency landing at the Lilabari airport here following trouble in mid-air on Monday, officials said.
The chief minister was unhurt. Sonowal, who was travelling from Guwahati to Lakhimpur, had a narrow escape when the pilot of the chopper
found it difficult to cross some hills at Banderdewa near Assam-Arunachal Pradesh border due to thick clouds.
The pilot tried to increase altitude but the helicopter rotated thrice in the air, the officials said. The pilot then managed to fly the chopper to Lilabari airport and made a safe emergency landing. The chief minister was accompanied by his media advisor Hrishikesh Goswami and district Superintendent of Police Montu Thakuria.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 'Is it a Karate Suit?' Melania's India Visit Outfit and Trump's Yellow Tie Grab Eyes on Twitter
- Amitabh and Jaya Bachchan Get Emotional Seeing Daughter Shweta Organise Her Fashion Show
- Arti Singh Wishes Happy Birthday to Her 'Jigar Ka Tukda' Karan Singh Grover on Instagram
- The Samsung Galaxy A71 is Now on Sale For Rs 29,999; Prism Crush Blue Looks Quite Cool
- How Far? Desis are Googling Distance from America to India Ahead of Donald Trump's Visit