Assam CM Sonowal's Helicopter Makes Emergency Landing After Mid-air Turbulence
Sonowal, who was travelling from Guwahati to Lakhimpur, had a narrow escape when the pilot of the chopper found it difficult to cross some hills at Banderdewa near Assam-Arunachal Pradesh border due to thick clouds.
File photo of Assam CM and BJP leader Sarbananda Sonowal.
Lakhimpur (Assam): A helicopter carrying Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal made an emergency landing at the Lilabari airport here following trouble in mid-air on Monday, officials said.
The chief minister was unhurt. Sonowal, who was travelling from Guwahati to Lakhimpur, had a narrow escape when the pilot of the chopper
found it difficult to cross some hills at Banderdewa near Assam-Arunachal Pradesh border due to thick clouds.
The pilot tried to increase altitude but the helicopter rotated thrice in the air, the officials said. The pilot then managed to fly the chopper to Lilabari airport and made a safe emergency landing. The chief minister was accompanied by his media advisor Hrishikesh Goswami and district Superintendent of Police Montu Thakuria.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Lady Gaga Falls Off Stage With Fan During Concert in Las Vegas, See Video
- Unseen Pictures From Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput's Wedding Surface Internet, See Here
- Google Pixel 4 Face Unlock is so Unsecure, You May as Well Not Bother Using it
- TRAI to Decide on Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Battle For How Long Your Phone Should Ring
- 'Only Lionel Messi' Thread on Twitter Proves Why He is the Best in Football