Assam Govt Announces Lockdown From 6 pm From Tuesday Till March 31
Sarma said essential services like pharmacies, medical, water supply, banking, and petrol pumps would be exempted from the purview of the lockdown.
File photo of Assam minister Himanta Biswa Sarma.
Guwahati: Assam will be under lockdown from 6 pm on Tuesday till March 31 in the wake of the novel coronavirus pandemic, Health and Family Welfare Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma announced.
Addressing a press conference here on Monday, Sarma said essential services like pharmacies, medical, water supply, banking, and petrol pumps would be exempted from the purview of the lockdown.
The state border will be sealed and no vehicles, barring those on essential duties, will be allowed, the minister added.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- Kolkata Sweet Shop is Giving out Bizarre 'Corona Sandesh' for Free to Spread Awareness
- Sara Ali Khan is an Epitome of Grace in This Throwback Dance Video
- Have You Bought a Coronavirus Insurance For Your Family? You Can Buy These Policies Online
- Is Hydroxychloroquine The Treatment For Coronavirus? Global Scramble For Tablets Suggests so
- Coronavirus Can be Stopped in 48 Hours Using a Simple Anti-Parasitic Drug: Monash University