Assam Guv Jagdish Mukhi to Take Additional Charge of Mizoram
Mukhi would hold additional charge of Mizoram till a new governor is appointed, a Rashtrapati Bhavan communique said.
File photo. Assam Governor Jagdish Mukhi. (Image: Twitter)
Aizawl: Assam governor Jagdish Mukhi would be sworn-in as the 19th Governor of Mizoram, an official statement said on Friday.
The swearing-in ceremony will take place at 11 am on Saturday, it said.
The statement said that Mukhi would replace Kummanam Rajasekharan, who resigned on Thursday night. Rajasekharan resignation was accepted by President Ram Nath Kovind, it said.
Rajasekharan was appointed as the governor of the state in May last year. Mukhi would hold additional charge of Mizoram till a new governor is appointed, a Rashtrapati Bhavan communique said on Friday.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- My Comment on Saif Ali Khan has been Misinterpreted, Says Kangana Ranaut
- WATCH | Zion Williamson Scores 17 Points in a Bit Over 3 Minutes on Much-awaited NBA Debut
- ISRO's VyomMitra Humanoid Robot Set For an Unmanned Trip Into Space: Watch Video
- Got Your Windows 10 For Free? German Govt Didn’t, And Will Cost Them $887,000
- Microsoft Accidentally Exposed Data of 250 Million Users; Why Aren't We Shocked Anymore?