Assam Guv Jagdish Mukhi to Take Additional Charge of Mizoram
Mukhi would hold additional charge of Mizoram till a new governor is appointed, a Rashtrapati Bhavan communique said.
File photo. Assam Governor Jagdish Mukhi. (Image: Twitter)
Aizawl: Assam governor Jagdish Mukhi would be sworn-in as the 19th Governor of Mizoram, an official statement said on Friday.
The swearing-in ceremony will take place at 11 am on Saturday, it said.
The statement said that Mukhi would replace Kummanam Rajasekharan, who resigned on Thursday night. Rajasekharan resignation was accepted by President Ram Nath Kovind, it said.
Rajasekharan was appointed as the governor of the state in May last year. Mukhi would hold additional charge of Mizoram till a new governor is appointed, a Rashtrapati Bhavan communique said on Friday.
Recommended For You
- Nach Baliye 9: Prince Breaks Down As Wife Yuvika Informs Salman Khan About His Brother's Death
- Malaika Arora's Glamorous Pictures Get Witty Comment from Boyfriend Arjun Kapoor
- Karan Patel Confirms Quitting Yeh Hai Mohabbatein: I'm Thankful to Ekta for Giving Me Raman Bhalla
- Weekly Tech Recap: Xiaomi Redmi K20 Launch, PUBG Mobile Season 8, FaceApp Privacy and More
- Injured Shaw Ruled out of Tests, Agarwal & Rahul Specialist Openers