Assam, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh to be Consulted before Naga Pact, Says Govt
Union Minister G Kishan Reddy said there has been considerable progress in the ongoing Naga peace talks and almost all the Naga underground groups are engaged with the Central government in the peace process.
New Delhi: The Centre on Tuesday said the governments of Assam, Manipur and Arunachal Pradesh will be duly consulted before the final settlement of the decades-old Naga insurgency problem.
Union Minister of State for Home G Kishan Reddy told the Lok Sabha that there has been considerable progress in the ongoing Naga peace talks and almost all the Naga underground groups are engaged with the Central government in the peace process.
"All stakeholders, including the states of Assam, Manipur and Arunachal Pradesh, will be duly consulted before any settlement is arrived at with the Naga groups and their concerns taken into consideration," he said, replying to a written question.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Important to Probe Conflict of Interest of Chief National Coach Pullela Gopichand, Says Jwala Gutta
- Sara Ali Khan Almost Trips Dancing to Dheeme Dheeme, Kartik Aaryan Comes to Rescue
- Shweta Basu Prasad Announces Separation from Husband Rohit Mittal in Less Than a Year of Marriage
- You've Probably Listened to More 'Drake' in the Last Ten Years Than You Think
- Reporter Catches Her Ex Cheating through an 'Unusual' Fitbit Activity at 4 AM