Assam Rifles Personnel Killed in IED Blast
The IED, which was planted at 27 Assam Rifles check post at Ramva, exploded at 7.20 am
Image for representative purposes. (Image: Reuters)
Imphal: An Assam Rifles personnel was killed as militants triggered an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) blast in Manipur on Friday, police said.
The IED, which was planted at 27 Assam Rifles check post at Ramva, exploded at 7.20 am.
Police and Assam Rifles personnel have cordoned off the area, which falls under Sangshak police station limits in
Ukhrul district. A combing operation was on.
This blast is the second such attack on the paramilitary force in Manipur this month. On June 15, an Assam Rifles personnel was killed and three others were injured after militants had triggered an IED blast in the same district.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Sanjay Kapoor Trolls Malaika Arora on New 'Saturday Blues' Instagram Post
- DDCA to Name Stand After Virat Kohli in Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium
- Flipkart Begins Roll-out of Video Service: Here is Everything You Need to Know
- Ashes 2019: Steve Smith Returns to Bat After Nasty Blow to the Neck
- Instagram Users Can Report False Content And Expect Fact Checkers to Verify it