At Least 10 Feared Trapped as 4-Storey Govt Building Collapses in Ahmedabad
At least 8-10 people are feared trapped after a government building in Ahmedabad’s Odhav area collapsed on Sunday evening.
Fire fighters and people try to clear debris after a government building collapsed in Ahmedabad on Sunday. (PTI Photo/Santosh Hirlekar)
Ahmedabad: At least 8-10 people are feared trapped after a government building in Ahmedabad’s Odhav area collapsed on Sunday evening.
Two blocks of the four-storey building, which was in a dilapidated condition already, collapsed along with several people living inside.
Two persons have been reportedly taken out of the debris.
According to news agency ANI, four fire tenders and five teams of National Disaster Relief Force (NDRF) have been rushed to the spot for rescue operations.
The government had allotted houses in the building under the Economically Weaker Section housing scheme in 1991.
About 150 persons lived here in the two blocks that had 32 houses and the Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (AMC) issued notices to all residents and emptied the houses two days ago.
However, a few of them returned to the housing complex.
Gujarat Home Minister Pradipsinh Jadeha told ANI, "Teams of municipal corporation, state government, NDRF and fire brigade are carrying out rescue operations. Five NDRF teams have been deployed. at the spot. All required machinery will be deployed immediately."
Recommended For You
- Pooja Batra Nails the Minimal Bride Look at Intimate Wedding with Nawwab Shah, See Pics
- Amazon Prime Day Sale: There is a 43-inch Samsung For Rs 28,999 And a Fire TV Stick is Bundled With it
- Amazon Prime Day Sale: Here is How Much a New Xiaomi Mi TV With Android TV And PatchWall Will Cost You
- World Cup Final | Emotions Are Raw But We Signed Up for the Rules: Williamson
- Amazon Prime Day Sale: Minimal Discounts on Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Unless You Pay With HDFC Cards or Exchange an old Phone