At least 19 Killed, 48 Injured Due to Dust Storm, Lightning in UP
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has directed officials to take necessary measures to provide relief.
Lucknow: At least 19 persons were killed and 48 injured due to dust storm and lightning in various parts of Uttar Pradesh, the state Relief commissioner said on Friday.
"While six persons died in Mainpuri, three persons each died in Etah and Kasganj and one each in Moradabad, Badaun, Pilibhit, Mathura, Kannauj, Sambhal and Ghaziabad in incidents related to dust storm and lightning," official data released by the UP Relief commissioner said.
Different parts of the state witnessed dust storms late on Thursday evening resulting in trees being uprooted and walls collapsing. A maximum of 41 people were injured in Mainpuri district.
"Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has directed the officials to take all necessary measures to provide relief to the affected persons. He has directed ministers incharge of concerned districts to oversee relief operations," Principal Secretary Information Awanish Awasthi said. In these incidents eight cattle also died, officials said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Salman Khan Turns Chef, Makes 'Khichdi' and 'Raita' in New Bigg Boss 13 Promo
- Internet Sensation Ranu Mondal Speaks Out on Lata Mangeshkar's 'Imitation' Comment
- This is My Father's Money, Says KBC 11 Crorepati Sanoj Raj
- Newton Trends on Twitter After Railway Minister Piyush Goyal Says 'Einstein Discovered Gravity'
- Mi TV Netflix Support to Finally Roll Out on September 17, Suggests Teaser