Aurangabad Small-scale Businessman Kills Self after Failing to Pay GST
Vishnu Rambhau Kalavane owned a small metal polishing unit in Waluj Industrial area of Maharashtra's Aurangabad district.
Aurangabad: An entrepreneur, owning a small metal polishing unit in Waluj Industrial area, committed suicide, after failing to pay Goods and Services Tax (GST),police said on Wednesday.
Vishnu Rambhau Kalavane (53) hanged himself from the ceiling with a saree at his home in Pandharpur area on Tuesday, an official said.
In a suicide note found at the scene, the deceased has stated that his failure to pay GST has forced him to take the extreme step, he added.
Kalavane owned a small metal polishing unit in Waluj Industrial area of Maharashtra's Aurangabad district, he said. "In his suicide note, the deceased cited failure to pay GST and his inability to get an extension to pay the tax amount as reason for the extreme step," inspector Anil Gayakwad of Waluj MIDC police said, adding that a case of sudden death has been registered in the matter.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Social Media is Melting Seeing Nushrat Bharucha's Bikini Pics from Maldives
- WWE TLC 2019: Date, Time, Match Card and Everything You Need to Know
- Football in Snow: Watch Real Kashmir FC Players Practice for I-League in Srinagar
- WhatsApp Will Sue Businesses That Bombard Users Will Bulk Messages
- PUBG Mobile Addiction: 20-Year-Old Drinks Chemical Instead of Water While Playing Game