Australian Tourist Thrashed in Karnataka Village for 'Misbehaving' With Women
The tourist, aged about 35, was allegedly in an intoxicated state when he was found misbehaving with women at Konkanakoppa village on Monday night.
Representative image (News18 Creatives)
Bengaluru: An Australian national was thrashed by villagers near Badami in Bagalkot district for allegedly misbehaving with a local woman, police said.
The tourist, aged about 35, was allegedly in an intoxicated state when he was found misbehaving with women at Konkanakoppa village on Monday night, they said.
The villagers then thrashed him by tying him to an electricity post, the police said.
The foreigner Williams K James from Melbourne is currently undergoing treatment at a private hospital.
James was said to be on a visit to Badami, a historical tourist destination in Karnataka after which he travelled to the Konkanakoppa, about 15 km from where the incident occurred.
A case has been registered and investigation was on, the police said adding that they would question once the foreigner recovers.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 'Most Famous Refugee Family': Church Nativity Scene Shows Jesus, Mary & Joseph as Caged Immigrants
- Remember the Viral Hindu-Muslim Same-Sex Couple? Here's How They Fought 'TikTok's Homophobia'
- India vs West Indies | Virat Kohli Screamer Lights Up Gloomy Day for Fielders
- Walmart Apologises for Putting up Christmas Sweaters Featuring Santa Doing Cocaine
- Sania Mirza's Sister Anam Feels Grateful, Shares Snaps of Her Bridal Shower on Social Media