- Municipal Corporations 9/10
- TRS 8
- INC 0
- BJP 1
- AIMIM 0
- OTH 0
- MUNICIPALITIES 114/120
- TRS 96
- INC 9
- BJP 3
- AIMIM 2
- OTH 4
Avalanche feared in Higher Reaches of Himachal Pradesh, People Asked to be Cautious
Chamba Deputy Commissioner Vivek Bhatia said people have been advised not to go towards avalanche prone areas in Pangi, Bharmour, Teesa and Salooni of Chamba district.
Photo for representation.
Shimla: Fearing avalanche and landslides following recent snowfall and heavy rains in Himachal Pradesh, people and tourists have been asked to remain cautious, a senior official said.
People have been advised not to go towards avalanche prone areas in Pangi, Bharmour, Teesa and Salooni of Chamba district, Chamba Deputy Commissioner Vivek Bhatia said.
The DC also advised people to not to go towards landslide prone areas to avoid any untoward incident.
Bhatia said PWD men and machinery have been working for opening roads for traffic which were blocked after recent snowfall and rain.
Efforts were also on to restore power supply in the areas where it had been affected due to recent bad weather, he added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Panga Gets Sandwiched Between Street Dancer 3D and Tanhaji at the Box Office
- Is Aishwarya Rai Pregnant? Fans Wonder After Abhishek Bachchan Promises 'Surprise'
- Twitter Brings Tricolor India Gate Emoji to Mark 71st Republic Day
- Over 24,000 Undelivered Letters Found Stashed at Former Postman's House in Japan
- Pullela Gopichand Admits Saina Nehwal, Kidambi Srikanth Need to Buck Up, Not Worried About PV Sindhu