Axing of Article 370 and 35A Will Pave the Way for Azadi, Warns Farooq Abdullah
Farooq Abdullah's reaction came after the BJP manifesto was released by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and BJP president Amit Shah which said the party would abrogate Articles 370 and 35(A) if voted to power.
Srinagar: Reacting to the BJP’s commitment to abrogate Articles 370 and 35A of the Constitution, National Conference President Farooq Abdullah said on Monday that the move would pave the way for ‘Azadi’ for Kashmir.
The BJP manifesto released by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and BJP President Amit Shah said the party would abrogate both articles if voted to power.
Reacting to this, Abdullah told an election gathering here: “Do they think they will abrogate Article 370 and we will be quiet? They are wrong.
“We will fight it. I think it is Allah’s will that they are trying to abrogate it. Let them do it and it will pave way for our Azadi.”
There are many public interest litigations pending in the Supreme Court wherein both Articles 370 and 35A have been challenged.
While Article 370 gives special status to Jammu and Kashmir, Article 35A empowers the state legislature to define citizens of the state and their privileges. IANS
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 'It's Okay To Be a Virgin': Lilly Singh Just Took Down Society's Obsession With Hymens
- Who is Arushi Sharma, the New Actress in Love Aaj Kal Trailer?
- Watch Video: Virat Kohli Spotted Driving His New Audi Q8 SUV For the First Time
- Apple Acquires Xnor.ai, an Edge-based AI Startup, for $200 Million
- Runners And Fitness Junkies Take Note! The Best Marathon Gear You Must Buy, Right Now