Axing of Article 370 and 35A Will Pave the Way for Azadi, Warns Farooq Abdullah
Farooq Abdullah's reaction came after the BJP manifesto was released by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and BJP president Amit Shah which said the party would abrogate Articles 370 and 35(A) if voted to power.
Srinagar: Reacting to the BJP’s commitment to abrogate Articles 370 and 35A of the Constitution, National Conference President Farooq Abdullah said on Monday that the move would pave the way for ‘Azadi’ for Kashmir.
The BJP manifesto released by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and BJP President Amit Shah said the party would abrogate both articles if voted to power.
Reacting to this, Abdullah told an election gathering here: “Do they think they will abrogate Article 370 and we will be quiet? They are wrong.
“We will fight it. I think it is Allah’s will that they are trying to abrogate it. Let them do it and it will pave way for our Azadi.”
There are many public interest litigations pending in the Supreme Court wherein both Articles 370 and 35A have been challenged.
While Article 370 gives special status to Jammu and Kashmir, Article 35A empowers the state legislature to define citizens of the state and their privileges. IANS
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Sacred Games 2's Surveen Chawla Says She 'Had to Go Backwards' to Play Jojo Mascarenhas
- Captain America's Peggy Carter Says Her Story with Steve Rogers Had Fitting End in Avengers Endgame
- Flipkart Begins Roll-out of Video Service: Here is Everything You Need to Know
- Those Who Said I Didn’t Deserve to Be in Films Have Retired but I’m Still Here, Says John Abraham
- Airtel Forgot About The Home Bundle And Reliance Jio Fiber Has Stolen The March