Ayodhya Verdict: Delhi Govt Advises All Private Schools to Remain Closed on Saturday
All government schools in Delhi will remain closed on account of second Saturday of the month.
New Delhi: The Delhi government on Friday advised all private schools to remain closed on November 9 as a precautionary measure in view of the Supreme Court verdict in the Ayodhya land dispute case.
All government schools will be closed on account of second Saturday of the month.
"There are potential security concerns with the SC Ayodhya verdict tomorrow morning. All government schools and many private schools are closed tomorrow, as it is a second Saturday. We are advising all private schools to also remain closed tomorrow," Delhi's Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia said in a tweet.
The apex court is scheduled to pronounce at 10.30 am on Saturday its verdict in the communally sensitive case of Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid land dispute in Ayodhya.
All schools and training institutes in neighbouring Uttar Pradesh will also remain closed till Monday.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has appealed to countrymen to maintain peace after the top court pronounces the verdict in the decades-old case and not view it as a matter of loss or victory for anyone.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Nayanthara Celebrates Birthday with Boyfriend Vignesh Shivan in New York
- Kerala MLA Asked Locals to Gift Him Books, Now He's Donating Them to School Libraries
- East Bengal Announce Kalyani Stadium as Their Home Venue for I-League 2019-20
- Gal Gadot, Ben Affleck Petition for Release of Snyder Cut Version of Justice League
- Tik-Tok Prepares to Take On Instagram And Facebook With Shopping Links in Posts