Baby Killed, Over 48 Injured as Bus Overturns in Uttar Pradesh's Etawah
The incident happened on the intervening night of November 6 and 7 when the driver lost control over the vehicle and it overturned near Khadaita village, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP), Etawah, Ashok Kumar Tripathi said.
Image for representation only.
Etawah: One person was killed and 40 more were injured when a bus they were travelling in overturned on the Agra-Lucknow Expressway, police said on Wednesday.
The bus was headed towards Bihar's Madhubani from Delhi, they said.
"On the intervening night of November 6 and 7, the driver lost control over the vehicle and it overturned near Khadaita village," Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP), Etawah, Ashok Kumar Tripathi said.
One person died on the spot, Tripathi said, adding that the identity of the deceased was yet to be ascertained.
The injured were admitted to the Uttar Pradesh University of Medical Sciences, Saifai, the SSP said.
Recommended For You
- Motor Vehicles Amendment Bill 2019 Passed: Here's a Complete List of Revised Traffic Violation Fines
- Hrithik Roshan, Tiger Shroff Perform Dangerous Bike Chase Stunts on Portugal's Highest Peak for War
- These Shirtless Pics of Nick Jonas Have Fans Gushing Over His 'Dad Bod'
- Andre Russell Prepares for India with Late Evening Nets Session
- Fact Check: Did the 'Sun Baby' from Teletubbies Just Have a Baby of Her Own?