Back to Village Programme's Second Phase to be Launched in J&K
The modalities for it are being worked out by the planning development and monitoring department and the rural development and panchayati raj department.
Representative Image (Photo Credit: Getty Images)
Jammu: The second phase of the Back to Village (B2V) programme will be launched later this month in Jammu and Kashmir, and modalities for it are being worked out, an official spokesman has said.
Chief Secretary BVR Subrahmanyam on Friday reviewed the preparations made to launch the second phase of the programme, he said.
The modalities for it are being worked out by the planning development and monitoring department and the rural development and panchayati raj department, the spokesman said.
The first phase of B2V programme was launched in June. Based on extensive interactions with people, spot observations and feedback received from the public, government officials submitted a panchayat-wise report to the government, highlighting the requirements of various areas, the spokesman said.
Under the programme's second phase Rs 5 crore has been released to each district, he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Davis Cup: AITA Stays Firm as ITF Seeks India's View after Pakistan Appeal Against Change of Venue
- WhatsApp is Killing The Battery on Android Phones, OnePlus Phones Seem Worst Hit
- Tejashwi Yadav Celebrates Birthday in Chartered Plane, Draws Flak on Internet
- BCCI Plans Significant Changes to Key Lodha Reforms at AGM on December 1
- WhatsApp Rivals Signal or Telegram Can Also be Hacked And You Should be Worried