Bangladesh PM Sheikh Hasina to Begin 4-Day India Visit From October 3
Sheikh Hasina and Prime Minister Narendra Modi will hold bilateral talks on October 5.
File photo of Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina. (Reuters)
New Delhi: Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will come to India on Thursday for a four-day visit, the External Affairs Ministry said.
Hasina and Prime Minister Narendra Modi will hold bilateral talks on October 5. "Apart from a number of agreements that are to be exchanged between the sides during the visit, the two prime ministers will also jointly inaugurate three bilateral projects via video link," the MEA said.
It will be her first visit to India since parliamentary elections were held in Bangladesh and India.
Hasina will also be the chief guest at the India Economic Summit which is being organised by the World Economic Forum on October 3 and 4.
Ties between India and Bangladesh have been on an upswing in the last few years.
Officials said both Modi and Hasina will deliberate on ways to further deepen bilateral cooperation, particularly in the areas of trade and connectivity.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Deepika Padukone Opens About Why She Did Not Live with Ranveer Singh Before Marriage
- Hina Khan Slams People for Comparing Her and New 'Komolika' Aamna Sharif as Ekta Kapoor Weighs In
- FASTag Will Soon be Mandatory For Your Car: This is How The Digital Payment Tag Works
- Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Unveiled: Here's All You Need to Know
- There is a Strong Medical Case For Using Masks And Air Purifiers Against Pollution