Banks to be Closed on 9 Days in December 2019, Check Full List Here
With the Sundays and two Saturdays in December, banks will also remain closed on December 25 for Christmas and on December 26 for Boxing Day in some northeastern states.
A file photo of an SBI branch in Kolkata. (Reuters)
If you are planning on to do huge cash transactions in December 2019, or might be planning to visit banks in the month, make sure to know about the bank holidays in advance. The month of December 2019 comes with nine bank holidays. Just like any other month, banks will remain closed on public holidays in December too. According to RBI, the banks will be closed for a total of nine days in December 2019. Due to nine bank holidays, there may also be a shortage of cash in an ATM machine due to bank holidays.
In addition to these, there might be state-wise holiday list for the banks, which has to be checked with the bank. With the Sundays and two Saturdays in December, banks will also remain closed on December 25 for Christmas and on December 26 for Boxing Day in some northeastern states.
If you are also planning to make cash transactions or are planning leaves in the month of December, here is the list of Bank Holidays in this month that you should know:
• December 1, 2019 – Sunday
• December 8, 2019 – Sunday
• December 14, 2019 – Second Saturday
• December 15, 2019 – Sunday
• December 22, 2019 – Sunday
• December 25, 2019- Christmas
• December 26, 2019 – Boxing Day
• December 27, 2019 – Sunday
• December 28, 2019 – Fourth Saturday
The customers should also bear in mind that all the private and public sector banks are closed on the second and fourth Saturdays of every month.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Many People Said 'Shaadi Ke Baad Kuch Nahi Hoga' But I Challenged the Perception: Kareena Kapoor
- Airtel Has Three New Prepaid Recharge Packs With Unlimited Voice Calls
- Virat Kohli Dedicates India's T20I Win to Anushka Sharma, Says It's Special Wedding Anniversary Gift
- Fact Check: Woman Winning Award in Viral Video is Not Hyderabad Rape Victim
- News18 Tech & Auto Awards 2019 Celebrates The Intersection of Technology And Automobiles