Barmer Tent Tragedy Fallout of Administrative Negligence, Says Vasundhara Raje
The pandal under which the people were listening to a 'Ram katha' in Barmer had collapsed due to strong winds and rain on Sunday evening, leaving at least 15 dead and over 70 injured.
A tent collapses in Rajasthan's Barmer district killing 14. (Image: PTI)
Jodhpur: Former chief minister Vasundhara Raje on Wednesday termed the Barmer pandal tragedy a fallout of administrative and governmental negligence and said that the inquiry report should be out soon.
The pandal under which the people were listening to a "Ram katha" at Jasol village in Barmer district had collapsed due to strong winds and rain on Sunday evening, leaving at least 15 dead and over 70 injured.
Raje visited the incident site and met those injured in the tragedy at the hospital. She also met the kin of the deceased, and expressed condolences.
Talking to media persons in Jodhpur, Raje said, "I visited the spot where the tragedy took place. It was evident that there was a grave administrative and governmental negligence. Nobody obtained details about the event in advance." She added that even the electricity arrangements were not taken care of.
The former CM said the inquiry report should be out soon so that the responsibility could be fixed. The Jodhpur divisional commissioner is holding an inquiry into the incident.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- On J Jayalalithaa's Birth Anniversary, Kangana Ranaut's New Thalaivi Still Goes Viral
- Poco X2 Will Get The Android 11 Update; You Have Something to Look Forward to
- On Sridevi's 2nd Death Anniversary, Janhvi Kapoor Shares Throwback Pic with an Emotional Note
- Where's the Aloo? Broccoli Corn Samosa for Donald Trump is Giving Netizens a Bad Taste
- The Samsung Galaxy A71 is Now on Sale For Rs 29,999; Prism Crush Blue Looks Quite Cool