Bengal BJP Worker's Wife Gang-raped by 4 Men on Her Way Back from Son's Tuition
The victim had fallen senseless after some time, the police officer said adding that locals, who had heard her groans, had found her and alerted her husband. They also took her to the hospital.
Picture for representation.
Barrackpore/Kolkata: A 30-year-old woman was allegedly raped by four men in an under construction building near her residence at Khardah area of North 24 Parganas district, police said Thursday.
The incident took place on Wednesday night and the woman is under treatment at Panihati State General Hospital, police said.
She told the police that she was accosted by four youths with their faces covered when she was returning home after leaving her son at his private tutor's home nearby. They forcibly took her to a nearby under-construction building and took turns to rape her.
She had fallen senseless after some time, the police officer said adding that locals, who had heard her groans, had found her and alerted her husband. They also took her to the hospital.
An FIR was filed at Khardah Police station by the husband of the woman on Thursday.
The officer said the police have launched a hunt for the culprits.
The BJP claimed that the woman's husband is associated with the party.
A BJP delegation, led by party leader Subhas Sarkar and including Mahila Morcha leaders visited Khardah and met the family members.
They also demanded that the culprits be immediately arrested.
Recommended For You
- Nick Jonas Explains Meaning of 'Saat Pheras' with Priyanka Chopra on US Chat Show
- India Drawn Alongside Qatar in 2nd Round of 2022 FIFA World Cup and 2023 AFC Asian Cup Qualifiers
- Priyanka Chopra Posts Special Note to 'J Sister' Sophie Turner After Emmy Nomination
- BS-VI Fuel Available at Same Cost as Regular Fuel in Delhi, Prices set to Increase in April 2020
- Why is The OxygenOS 9.5.9 Not Available For Many OnePlus 7 Pro Users in India Even Now?