Bengal Man Arrested for Selling his Infant Daughters for Rs 1.8 Lakh to Childless Couple
Police have recovered Rs 1.45 lakh from Ratan Brahma, 49, who sold his twin daughters on October 26.
Photo for representation
Kolkata: A man was arrested for selling his two-month-old twin daughters to childless couples for Rs 1.8 lakh in West Bengal's North 24 Parganas district, police said on Monday.
"Ratan Brahma, 49, sold his twin daughters on October 26. On the basis of information shared by some residents of Ramchandrapur Bhaduria area, we arrested him on Sunday. We have recovered Rs 1.45 lakh from him," an official of Gaighata Police station said. Only the father has been arrested, but his wife, too, will be interrogated, police added.
Recommended For You
- Netflix Set to Roll Out a More Affordable Subscription Plan For India; Could be Priced Around Rs 300
- Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro and K20 India Launch: Price, Availability, Features, and More
- BS-VI Fuel Available at Same Cost as Regular Fuel in Delhi, Prices set to Increase in April 2020
- World Emoji Day: There are New Differently Abled, Food, Animal and Saree Emojis Coming to Your iPhone
- Why is The OxygenOS 9.5.9 Not Available For Many OnePlus 7 Pro Users in India Even Now?