Bengal Man Arrested for Selling his Infant Daughters for Rs 1.8 Lakh to Childless Couple
Police have recovered Rs 1.45 lakh from Ratan Brahma, 49, who sold his twin daughters on October 26.
Photo for representation
Kolkata: A man was arrested for selling his two-month-old twin daughters to childless couples for Rs 1.8 lakh in West Bengal's North 24 Parganas district, police said on Monday.
"Ratan Brahma, 49, sold his twin daughters on October 26. On the basis of information shared by some residents of Ramchandrapur Bhaduria area, we arrested him on Sunday. We have recovered Rs 1.45 lakh from him," an official of Gaighata Police station said. Only the father has been arrested, but his wife, too, will be interrogated, police added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Why Do We Need a Judiciary in Place When We Have Real-life 'Singhams'?
- Alia Bhatt is So Successful as She Didn't Inherit a Genetic Flaw from Our Father, Says Pooja Bhatt
- Counterfeit Xiaomi Products Worth Rs 13 Lakhs Seized From Delhi's Gaffar Market
- India vs West Indies | Our Responsibility is to Support Rishabh Pant: Virat Kohli
- 'Black Friday': Italian Newspaper Sparks Race Row With Front Page Headline on Lukaku, Smalling Clash