Bengal Man Goes for Fishing in Ganges, Returns with 18.5kg Giant Bhetki Worth Rs 12,000
Bera and his friends took the fish to the market in Phuleshwar where it was auctioned off. A local fish seller bought the jumbo Bhetki for a whooping sum of Rs 12,000.
A worker unloads fish from a taxi boot at a fish market in Kolkata. (A PTI photo used for representtaion)
Kolkata: A jumbo Bhetki fish weighing 18.5 kg was caught from the Ganges in Howrah district's Uluberia on Tuesday, fetching a whopping price of Rs 12,000.
Local resident Tarun Bera had gone to the river for angling along with his friends in the morning. After some time, he could feel a pull in the fish hook. As he pulled the hook, he found a huge Bhetki fish stuck on the wheel. The fish was later weighed at 18.5 kg.
Bera and his friends took the fish to the market in Phuleshwar where it was auctioned off. A local fish seller bought the giant sized Bhetki for a whooping sum of Rs 12,000.
"I hope to sell it for Rs 13,000-Rs 14,000," he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Panipat Box Office Day 1: Arjun Kapoor, Kriti Sanon's Film Has a Slow Start
- Maybe He Has Got too Carried Away with the Game, Says Paras Chhabra's Girlfriend Akanksha Puri
- Goa Women's League 2019: Bidesh XI SC Seal IWL Qualification With a Match Left
- Data Protection Law Gets Closer to Reality With Stiff Penalties for Data Leaks And Breaches
- Counterfeit Xiaomi Products Worth Rs 13 Lakhs Seized From Delhi's Gaffar Market