Late-night Bengaluru Train Catches Fire in Andhra Pradesh, Leads to Delay on Route
No casualties have been reported so far, but the pantry of the Yesvantpur-Tatanagar Superfast Express was completely charred in the incident.
Image for representation. (File photo/AP)
New Delhi: A massive fire broke out in the pantry of a late night train in Andhra Pradesh's East Godavari district on Tuesday.
According NDTV, the fire broke out at 2:00 am on the Yesvantpur-Tatanagar Superfast Express, which was headed to Jamshedpur in Jharkhand from Bengaluru. The cause of the fire is yet to be ascertained.
After the blaze engulfed the bogey, the staff separated the pantry car in order to stop the fire from spreading to the other bogies of the train. No casualties have been reported so far, but the pantry of the train was completely charred in the incident.
Trains in the Vijayawada-Vizag sector were delayed due to the accident. However, train services resumed soon after.
Police and railway officials are currently at the spot, to ascertain the cause of the fire.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Salman Khan Miffed with Ranbir Kapoor's Tentative Film's Title Devil?
- Priyanka Chopra Plans the Perfect Birthday Outing for Nick Jonas
- After Burning it Out at The Gym, Disha Patani Slays the Dance Floor with Killer Moves
- OnePlus 7T With Round Triple-Camera Module Revealed in Official Press Image
- Europa League 2019, Manchester United vs Astana Live Streaming: When and Where to Watch Live Telecast