Bharat Bandh in Jharkhand: 58 Congress Activists Taken Into Custody, Trains Get Extra Security
Fifty eight Congress activists including Palamau district Congress president Jaias Ranjan Pathak were taken into custody for forcibly trying to enforce the bandh.
Leaders of several opposition parties hold a torchlight procession during a protest against the fuel price hike ahead of Bharat Bandh, in Ranchi. (Image: PTI)
Ranchi: Altogether 58 Congress activists were on Monday taken into police custody in Jharkhand for forcibly trying to enforce the 'Bharat Bandh' called by the party, a police officer said.
The Jharkhand Mukti Morcha, the Rashtriya Janata Dal and the Left parties in Jharkhand are supporting the Congress-sponsored Bharat bandh called against fuel price hike. Fifty eight Congress activists including Palamau district Congress president Jaias Ranjan Pathak were taken into custody for forcibly trying to enforce the bandh, Superintendent of Police Inderjeet Mahata said.
Barring Garhwa district, normal life is not affected in Pakur, Jamshedpur, Ranchi, Hazaribagh, Lohardaga, Gumla, Ramgarh, Giridih, Latehar, Palamau, Dhanbad and other districts, according to reports.
Goods trains and passengers trains were being escorted by the police, a police officer said. Vehicular traffic is normal in most parts of the state, including Ranchi, the reports said.
Recommended For You
- Apple Rolls Out The iOS 13 Beta 2 For Developers: Here is Everything That it Brings to Your iPhone
- Why Meryl Streep is the Perfect Arch-nemesis of Monterey Five in Big Little Lies
- Your Mozilla Firefox Web Browser Has a Critical Bug, And You Must Update it Now
- Updates Galore For OnePlus 7 Pro, as The OxygenOS 9.5.8 Now Rolls Out: The Complete Changelog
- WATCH | Kapil Dev Recollects His Knock of 175 Against Zimbabwe
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s