Bharat Bandh in Bihar: Traffic Affected in Rural Areas of Patna, Muzaffarpur Districts
Reports of traffic blockades have so far come from rural areas of Patna district, Muzaffarpur, Lakhisarai and Nalanda districts. In the state capital, private schools remained closed.
Congress workers protest in Bihar's Muzaffarpur (News18)
Patna: The 'Bharat Bandh' called by the Congress, to protest spiralling fuel prices, got off to a start in Bihar on Monday with no incidents of violence reported till 10.30 am.
Reports of traffic blockades have so far come from rural areas of Patna district, Muzaffarpur, Lakhisarai and Nalanda districts, police said. In the state capital, private schools remained closed. In Bihar, the bandh which has been called by the Congress, is being supported by the RJD, NCP, Samajwadi Party, Left Front, SP and HAM(S).
The bandh will be observed between 9 am to 3 pm during which leaders and workers from opposition parties would hit the streets requesting people to cooperate and support the bandh, senior Bihar Congress leader and MLC Prem Chandra Mishra said Sunday.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Prabhas and Raveena Tandon Dance on 'Tip Tip Barsa Pani' on Nach Baliye 9
- Ira Khan Shares Romantic Pic With Boyfriend Mishaal, But Her Caption Spark Concern Among Netizens
- Metz M55G2 4K Android TV Review: So Good, it Should Cost a Lot More Than Rs 42,990
- 'Choked' by Husband’s Extreme Love and Affection, UAE Woman Seeks Divorce
- Woman Watching YouTube Video on How to Find Diamonds Finds 3.72-carat Diamond