Bhim Army Chief Chandrashekhar Azad Calls for Bharat Bandh on Feb 23 Against SC Order on Reservation
Chandrashekhar Aazad urged MPs and MLAs belonging to the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes to build pressure on the government to bring an ordinance to nullify the ruling.
Bhim Army Chief Chandrasekhar Azad. (PTI Photo)
New Delhi: Bhim Army chief Chandrashekhar Azad on Wednesday called for a 'Bharat Bandh' on February 23 against a Supreme Court ruling that states were not bound to provide reservation in promotion and appointments in public employment and also quota is not a fundamental right.
He urged MPs and MLAs belonging to the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes to build pressure on the government to bring an ordinance to nullify the ruling.
Azad said his outfit will hold a march from Mandi House to Parliament on February 16 to press for its demands.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- Hina Khan Cries as She Scrubs Doormats, Watch Video
- Airtel Prepaid Users Get Extended Validity And Additional Talktime; 80 Million Users Benefit
- Salman Khan's Nephew Abdullah Khan Passes Away, Actor Remembers Him In Emotional Instagram Post
- Bigg Boss 13 Finalist Asim Riaz Gives Befitting Reply To Those Who Said He'd Be Nothing; See Here
- What’s At Stake For India That Put Its Billion People Under Lockdown | Crux+