Bhubaneswar-New Delhi Rajdhani Express Featuring Odisha's Heritage Flagged off
The coaches were draped with vinyl wrapping sheets having high-quality art related prints on the dance forms, archaeological monuments and flora and fauna of the state.
Logo of Indian railways. (Image: News18)
Bhubaneswar: Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan on Thursday flagged off Bhubaneswar-New Delhi Rajdhani Express showcasing Odisha's heritage and culture on the exteriors of the train.
The coaches were draped with vinyl wrapping sheets having high-quality art related prints on the dance forms, archaeological monuments and flora and fauna of the state. Earlier, an agreement was signed between the East- Coast Railway (ECoR) and Navratna NALCO for decoration of the Rajdhani Express.
The designs, placed between the glass windows of the coaches on the exterior side, are likely to promote tourism potential of the state along with its traditional art. While each rake consists of about 15 coaches, Nalco will pay Rs 1 crore for each rake as advertisement revenue to the ECoR. The companys designs and logos also feature on the coaches.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Pakistan-Bound Etihad Airbus A320 Plane Collides with Wild Boar on Runway in Islamabad
- Rangoli Chandel Thanks Kangana Ranaut for Supporting Her During Acid-attack Incident
- 'Hindustan ki Beti Hoon': Lucknow Protestor's Poem on Secularism is the Need of the Hour
- Thailand Masters: Indian Campaign Over on Day 1 as Saina, Srikanth, Sameer and Prannoy Lose in Round 1
- This is The End of The Road For Vodafone m-Pesa as a Payments App