Bhubaneswar Woman Throws Acid on Lover's Face, Accused and Mother Detained
The woman allegedly threw acid on his face and fled immediately as the man writhed in pain and shouted for help.
Image for representation only.
Bhubaneswar: A jilted woman allegedly threw acid on her lover in Cuttack causing severe damage to both his eyes, police said on Wednesday.
The incident took place at Shikari Sahi on Tuesday night when the man was returning home after closing his shop. The woman allegedly threw acid on his face and fled immediately as the man writhed in pain and shouted for help.
He was rushed to SCB Medical College Hospital by bystanders.
Police said the accused woman and her mother have been detained for questioning as the reason for her action is yet to be ascertained.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Maybe He Has Got too Carried Away with the Game, Says Paras Chhabra's Girlfriend Akanksha Puri
- Thief Calls Houseowner 'Kanjoos' in a Note after He Returns Empty-Handed
- Data Protection Law Gets Closer to Reality With Stiff Penalties for Data Leaks And Breaches
- Counterfeit Xiaomi Products Worth Rs 13 Lakhs Seized From Delhi's Gaffar Market
- India vs West Indies | Our Responsibility is to Support Rishabh Pant: Virat Kohli