Bihar Hospital Nurses Thrash Doctor for 'Molesting' Trainee Nurse
As the nurses raised slogans against the accused and called for immediate action, the doctor managed to flee.
A video grab of the nurses attacking the doctor in Bihar's Katihar. (Twitter/ANI)
Nurses in a Bihar hospital beat up a doctor for allegedly molesting a second-year trainee nurse on Saturday.
A video that went viral on social media showed the Trainee Auxiliary Nurse Midwives (ANMs) protesting against the eye specialist, with some of them beating him with slippers, The Indian Express reported.
The nurses lodged a complaint with the hospital's civil surgeon demanding immediate action after their colleague said the doctor tried to "eve-tease" her.
The accused was then called in for questioning but during the process, the nurses barged into the room and attacked him. They also raised slogans on the hospital premises, seeking an investigation against him.
The accused doctor managed to flee the spot as police tried to placate the protesters.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Shah Rukh Khan, Emraan Hashmi Share the Perfect Chemistry in The Bard of Blood Teaser
- Jio Effect: Tata Sky Broadband Offers 6 Months Additional Usage on Annual Plans
- Dwayne The Rock Johnson Tops World's Richest Actors List, Beats Chris Hemsworth, Robert Downey Jr
- Hardik Pandya Turns Showstopper at Lakme Fashion Week
- India vs West Indies | In-form Rohit Sharma Should Open in West Indies: Ganguly