Bihar Man 'Sacrifices' 10-year-old Nephew on Tantrik's Advice to Propitiate Goddess Kali
The accused, who did not have any children, was told by a local tantrik that his craving for an offspring would be fulfilled if he sacrificed a child belonging to a close relative during the Kali Puja.
Image for representation. (Image: Reuters)
Bhagalpur (Bihar): A 10-year-old boy was allegedly sacrificed by his paternal uncle following the advice of a tantrik to propitiate goddess Kali in Bhagalpur district of Bihar, police said on Monday.
The accused Shivnandan Ravidas, who did not have any children, was told by local tantrik Vibhash Mandal that his craving for an offspring would be fulfilled if he sacrificed a child belonging to a close relative during the Kali Puja, Senior Superintendent of Police Ashish Bharti said.
The incident took place at Dilauri village under Pirpainti police station area late on Sunday night, he said. Ravidas took his nephew to a pre-assigned place under the pretext of buying him firecrackers and slit his throat, Bharti said.
The child's parents lodged a complaint with the police after his body was found from a heap of bamboo shafts in the village.
Ravidas and the tantrik were arrested, the SSP said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Kim Kardashian Meets Rodney Reed After Texas Court Stays His Execution
- Enjoying Retired Life, Don't Want to Play Throughout Year: Yuvraj Singh
- Exclusive | WWE Star Charlotte Flair Opens Up on Rivalry-Friendship with Becky Lynch and Why She Can't Resist Indian Food
- Ranveer Singh Nailing Kapil Dev's 'Natraj Shot' Has the Internet Hooked
- Yuvraj Singh Wishes Sania Mirza On Birthday With Quirky Post, Her Reply Will Leave You in Splits