Bihar Police Launch Probe After Video Of Rape Is Shared On Social Media
The video footage had surfaced last week when it was shared on social media.
Patna: The police are probing a video that purportedly shows a woman being raped by a man in the presence of other people, apparently in the Magadh region of Bihar, a senior police official said today.
"The video footage had surfaced last week when it was shared on social media. In the clip, the dialect being spoken was Magahi which gives an impression that the heinous crime was committed somewhere in the Magadh region," Senior Superintendent of Police, Gaya, Rajiv Mishra said.
He said, it is not yet clear as to when and where the crime had taken place nor who are the victim and the perpetrators. However, yesterday a zero FIR was lodged at the Kotwali police station of Gaya following a direction to this effect from the Deputy Inspector General Vinay Kumar.
All the districts falling in the Magadh region have been provided with details of the case. Our search is on. If upon investigation it is found that the offence had taken place in some other district, the zero FIR will be transferred to the police station concerned," he said.
Incidentally, the matter has come to light close on the heels of a similar instance reported from Jehanabad, adjacent to Gaya, where a minor girl was molested by a group of youths and its video footage was shared on social media.
Thirteen persons, eight of them minors, have been arrested in connection with the Jehanabad incident.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13 Day 20 Written Update: Rashami Desai, Mahira Sharma and Asim Riaz Declared Safe
- Reliance Jio Diwali Offer: Here's How to Gift a JioPhone This Festive Season For Rs 699
- Trailers This Week: Robert Downey Jr, Tom Holland Reunite for Dolittle, Anurag Kashyap Unveils India’s First Spaceship Sci-fi
- Cristiano Ronaldo's Step-over Has Latest Victim as Juventus Star Scores 701st Goal | Watch
- Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg is Defending Free Speech; Yes, You Read That Right