Bihar Road Rage: Manorama Devi Files Anticipatory Bail Petition
Devi is facing the charge of harbouring her son Rocky Yadav who is accused of killing a class 12 student Aditya Sachdeva in a case of road rage on Saturday night.
Suspended Janata Dal United (JDU) MLC Manorama Devi, whose son Rakesh Ranjan Yadav alias Rocky Yadav is the main accused in the killing a youngster in the Gaya road rage case, filed an anticipatory bail petition in a local court on Friday.
Devi had been absconding after being booked under the Bihar Excise (Amendment) Act, 2016 for allegedly storing liquor bottles in her house despite prohibition in Bihar. She is also accused the charge of harbouring her son Rocky who has been arrested for the killing of class 12 student Aditya Sachdeva on Saturday night.
The JDU suspended Devi from the party on Tuesday, just hours after the arrest of her son.
The 24-year-old Rocky, who was arrested by the police early on Tuesday morning from his father's mixer plant after he was absconding for three days, was sent to judicial custody for two weeks by a Gaya court.
Her husband Bindeshwari Prasad Yadav alias Bindi Yadav and bodyguard, who was with her son when the road rage case took place, are already under police custody.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Indian Tourist from Maharashtra Detained in Bhutan for 'Desecrating' Holy Buddhist Chorten
- 'This is a Joke Right?' Trump Wrote a Bizarre Letter to Turkey and Twitter Had a Lot of Memes
- Guidelines For Influencers Are Incoming; a Few Folks And Brands Must be Very Worried
- Google Pixel 4 Face Unlock is so Unsecure, You May as Well Not Bother Using it
- Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg is Defending Free Speech; Yes, You Read That Right