Woman Prisoner Undergoing Medical Treatment Gang-raped in Bihar Hospital’s Washroom
The incident came to light on Friday when the victim informed her jail superintendent after returning from the Sri Krishna Medical College and Hospital following her treatment.
Picture for representation.
Patna: An undertrial prisoner was raped by two men in a state-run hospital in Bihar's Muzaffarpur town where she was admitted for treatment, police said on Friday.
The incident came to light on Friday when the victim informed her jail superintendent after returning from the Sri Krishna Medical College and Hospital following her treatment, according to the police. She is lodged in a jail in Sitamarhi district.
A case has been registered on the basis of a written complaint by the victim, Officer-in-Charge of Ahiyapur police station in Muzaffarpur, Manoj Kumar Singh said.
According to the complaint, the victim was raped by the two men, Sailesh Kumar and Chotelal Kumar, on the night of November 14 when the men dragged the victim to the washroom of the hospital. "I can assure that the matter will be investigated impartially and necessary action will be taken soon," Sitamarhi District Magistrate Ranjeet Kumar Singh said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- If Your iPhone Has a True Depth Camera, You Can Now Take 3D Selfies on Snapchat
- IIFA 2019: Nushrat Bharucha 'Wants' to See Ranbir in Bigg Boss in Towel; Here's Alia's Response
- You Can Now Talk to Amazon Alexa in Hindi or Hinglish
- Here is How Much The Apple iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro And iPhone 11 Pro Max Will Cost
- Tamil Nadu's New EV Policy Seeks Full Road Tax Exemption for Electric Vehicles Until 2022