Bihar Babus Cannot Drink Even Outside State, Nitish Govt Decides
The 1976 conduct rules for government employees has barred them from consuming intoxicants at work place only. It would be amended now to prohibit them from use of intoxicants everywhere in accordance with the spirit of new Liquor Law, 2016.
Image used for representation purpose. (Photo Credit: Getty Images)
Patna: The Bihar cabinet has decided to bring an amendment in the service rule for government employees including those from judicial services forbidding them from consuming liquor even outside the state..
The nod to amend Bihar Government Servants Conduct Rules, 1976 and Bihar Judicial Officers Conduct Rules, 2017 was given at a meeting of the state cabinet chaired by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Wednesday, Principal Secretary Cabinet Coordination department Brajesh Mehrotra told reporters.
The 1976 conduct rules for government employees has barred them from consuming intoxicants at work place only. It would be amended now to prohibit them from use of intoxicants everywhere in accordance with the spirit of new Liquor Law, 2016. The same has been extended for officials of Judicial services as well, Mehrotra said.
This amendment will prevent officials not only from drinking at workplace or home, but even when they travel outside Bihar.
The total prohibition in force in Bihar stops trade and consumption of alcohol across the state and has made provision of stringent penal action as well jail term ranging from 5-10 years for the violators.
The Bihar cabinet further gave its nod to 37 agendas of different departments
Recommended For You
- IPL 2019 | Pant Settles Score With Bumrah in Style
- PUBG Mobile: Healthy Gameplay System Error Fixed, With an Apology for Shutting Out Gamers in India
- Trailers This Week: Avengers Endgame Drops New Hints, Vivek Oberoi Traverses PM Narendra Modi's Life
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Recap: Arya Stark Joins the Faceless Men, Jon Snow Stabbed to Death
- HP Spectre Folio Review: There Are Premium Laptops, And There is This Setting New Benchmarks
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s