BJP Appoints Jay Panda as Party's Vice President, Spokesperson With Eye on Odisha Tally
BJP president Amit Shah's decision to give him an important organisational responsibility signals the importance the party has given him.
'Jay' Panda was welcomed by BJP chief Amit Shah on March 4, 2019.
New Delhi: Odisha leader Baijayant Jay Panda, who joined the BJP last week, was Friday appointed the party's vice president and spokesperson.
BJP president Amit Shah's decision to give him an important organisational responsibility signals the importance the party has given him as it looks to improve its tally in the eastern state during the coming Lok Sabha polls.
Panda, who owns an Odisha-based media group, had quit the Biju Janata Dal last year and also resigned from his Lok Sabha membership following his suspension from the regional party headed by state's Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik.
Assembly polls in the state will be held simultaneously with the Lok Sabha elections. The BJP had won only one of its 21 Lok Sabha seats in 2014 but is hopeful of putting up a much better show there after it emerged as the main challenger to the BJD in the local polls.
Recommended For You
- Shilpa Shetty Enjoys Venetian Vacay with Husband Raj Kundra & Son Viaan, See Pics
- All Variants of The Apple iPhone XR Get Completely Sold Out on Day One of Amazon Prime Day Sale
- Gauri Khan and Son AbRam Visit Bandra's Mount Mary Church for Sunday Mass
- 'I Should Be Allowed To Play Any Person': Scarlett Johansson Trolled After Comments on 'Casting'
- Amazon Prime Day Sale: TCL's 2019 Edition of 4K TVs Starting Rs 25,999 With Amazon Alexa Built-in