BJP Leader, Wife and Son Gunned Down Near Residence in Jharkhand
BJP leader Mago Munda was sitting with his family near his house at Hethguha village under Murhu police station when unknown assailants came and opened fire at them around 8.30 pm on Monday.
Image for representation
Khunti: A BJP leader and two members of his family were gunned down by unidentified persons in Jharkhand's Khunti district, police said on Tuesday.
BJP leader Mago Munda was sitting with his family near his house at Hethguha village under Murhu police station when unknown assailants came and opened fire at them around 8.30 pm on Monday, the police said.
Munda, his wife Lakmani and son Liprai, died after suffering bullet wounds, they said.
Another woman, a relative of the Munda family, suffered bullet wound and was referred to Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences in Ranchi.
Munda was a member of the BJP's Schedule Tribe Executive Committee, party sources said.
Superintendent of Police of Khunti, Alok said police investigation is on.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Ashes 2019: Steve Waugh Wowed by Deceptive Archer's 'X-factor'
- Xiaomi Redmi K20 Review: Is There Nothing Missing in This Brilliant Android Phone?
- After Babita and Vivek, Urvashi Dholakia and Her Ex Anuj Sachdeva to Get Evicted from Nach Baliye
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10, Note 10+ Prices Start Rs 69,990: All The Launch Offers
- Alia Bhatt-Ranbir Kapoor, Varun Dhawan-Natasha Dalal's Weddings to Have This in Common