BJP Mahila Morcha Member, Son Shot at by Kin Over Property Dispute in Delhi's Rohini
The condition of Raj Rani is stable, while her 35-year-old is critical.
New Delhi: A local BJP worker and her son were shot at allegedly by their relative in Rohini's Kanjahwala area Friday morning, police said.
Raj Rani (60), a member of the BJP's Mahila Morcha of the outer district, and her son Netrapal (35) were rushed to the Saroj Hospital with bullet injuries. The condition of the woman is stable while her son is in a critical state, they said.
Raj Rani received bullet injuries on her leg while her son was shot at in his abdomen and a hand.
"There was some property dispute in the family. The victims were shot at by Netrapal's cousin who lives in Haryana," Deputy Commissioner of Police (Rohini) S D Mishra said.
The accused have been identified and Haryana Police will be contacted to arrest them, police said, adding that further investigation was underway.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Alexa, Pay my Mobile Bill: India Gets Amazon Pay And Alexa Payments Feature First
- Truecaller Makes a Big Privacy Pitch as Focus on Instant Messaging Intensifies
- Inside Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor's Wedding Anniversary Party
- Ali Fazal Calls Meeting with Al Pacino 'Best Gift of 2019'
- India, Stressed: More than Half of Commuters in Metro Cities Likely to Commit Road Rage