BJP Woman Worker Says Senior Party Leader Sexually Harassed Her for Months, Files Complaint Via Email
Sanjay Kumar has resigned from the post of Pradesh BJP general secretary (Organisation) following the controversy.
Image for representation.
Dehradun: A BJP woman worker, who had slapped sexual harassment charges against senior party leader Sanjay Kumar, has sent her complaint to the police on e-mail.
The victim has lodged a complaint with the police in connection with the case which is being looked into, ADG (Law and Order) Ashok Kumar said Monday. The complaint was received on e-mail on the November 10 night and is being looked into by SP (Rural) Sarita Dobhal, he said.
Kumar has already resigned from the post of Pradesh BJP general secretary (Organisation) following the controversy.
The woman party worker has alleged in her complaint that she came in touch with Kumar at a party programme some months ago after which he has been sexually harassing her. She said that she had approached senior party leaders with her complaint but they took no action.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Ashes 2019: Fried Chicken and Chocolate Bars Fuel Ben Stokes's Fire
- Illeana D'Cruz, Andrew Kneebone's Relationship is on the Rocks
- Official Black Widow Poster Reveals Natasha Romanoff's New Suit and David Harbour as Red Guardian
- Nasser Hussain's Reaction to Ben Stokes' Heroics Sums Up Miraculous Headingley Win
- The Royal Enfield Twin Endurance Render Puts All The Right Ideas Into Our Heads