BJP Worker Lynched for Transporting Cows in Karnataka
A BJP worker Praveen Poojary was allegedly lynched by VHP and Bajrang Dal activists after they found him transporting cows in Karnataka.
Udupi: A BJP worker Praveen Poojary was allegedly lynched by VHP and Bajrang Dal activists after they found him transporting cows in his vehicle in Udupi in Karnataka.
Police sources said, 17 persons have been detained in this connection. “Poojary was killed when he was carrying cows in a vehicle in the Hebri limits of Karkala district, " he said.
"Nearly 20 BJP and VHP activists gheraoed the vehicle and began attacking the two. One succumbed to his injuries, other is under treatment. Further investigation is on," he added.
The police are on a lookout for the others who were a part of the attack and are absconding.
Meanwhile, left leaders and civil society groups call for massive protests in Mangalore and demanded stern action against the accused persons.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- The Hysterical Animals that Won the Comedy Wildlife Photography Awards 2019
- Kim Kardashian Shares Pictures of Times She 'Taped up' Her Breasts
- Cristiano Ronaldo 1st Player to Score 9 Hat-tricks in International Football, Closes in on 100 Goals for Portugal
- Marathi Singer Geeta Mali Dies in Road Accident, Husband Seriously Injured
- Venice Regional Council Floods Minutes After Rejecting Steps to Combat Climate Change