BJP's 'Anti-Dalit Mentality' Behind 'Rising' Atrocities on Women & Dalits in UP: Congress
Congress spokesperson Randeep Singh Surjewala blamed the BJP-ruled Uttar Pradesh government in a tweet following the alleged rape of a 12-year old Dalit girl by six men in Kushinagar district.
File photo of Congress spokesperson Randeep Singh Surjewala. (Image: PTI)
New Delhi: The Congress on Monday hit out at the BJP-ruled Uttar Pradesh government over "rising" incidents of atrocities on women and Dalits in the State.
It also alleged that the "anti-Dalit mentality" of the saffron party was responsible for the failure of law and order in the northern state.
Tagging a PTI report on the alleged rape of a 12-year-old Dalit girl by six men in Kushinagar district of Uttar Pradesh, Congress spokesperson Randeep Singh Surjewala tweeted, "In BJP-ruled Uttar Pradesh, the law and order situation is ineffective."
"Day by day, atrocities are increasing on women and Dalits. Ajay Singh Bisht Sarkar is sitting with its eyes closed. BJP's anti-Dalit mentality is responsible for this," he said.
The Congress has often referred Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath as "Ajay Singh Bisht".
According to the Uttar Pradesh Police, the Kushinagar incident took place in a village in the Ahirouli Bazar police station area on June 7.
"A case against six persons has been registered under various sections of IPC, including section 376 (rape), POCSO Act and SC/ST Act," Superintendent of Police R N Mishra said on Sunday.
Recommended For You
- Sunny Leone Flaunts Her Bihari Dialect in 'Method Acting' Video, Watch Here
- Audio Technica M50xBT Review: If You Are Serious About Music, These Headphones Cannot be Missed
- Xiaomi's Poco F1 64GB Variant Gets Yet Another Price Cut in India; Now Costs Rs 17,999
- Elon Musk Says 'Occupy Mars' But Uses Picture of the Moon Instead
- Deja Vu? Imran Khan Turning Chauffeur For Emir of Qatar Reminds People of Earlier Example
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s