Board at Mosque Gate 'Bars' Entry to This Muslim BJP Leader in Gujarat
The board, hung at the gate of a mosque in Yakutpura area, said that Zahir Qureshi, general secretary of minority cell of the BJP's city unit, 'should not enter by trustees' order'.
Image for representation: Reuters
Vadodara: A board was put up at the gate of a mosque in this Gujarat city 'banning' a Muslim BJP leader from entering the holy place, police said on Thursday, adding it was not clear who put it up.
The board, hung at the gate of a mosque in Yakutpura area, said that Zahir Qureshi, general secretary of minority cell of the BJP's city unit, "should not enter by trustees' order".
Police commissioner Anupam Singh Gehlaut said police were investigating who put up the board.
Qureshi told PTI that some people did not like his attending a meeting of BJP Muslim leaders in Delhi last month to discuss an amicable solution to the Babri Masjid dispute.
The trustees of the mosque issued a statement denying that they had issued any order prohibiting entry to Qureshi.
Recommended For You
- Motor Vehicles Amendment Bill 2019 Passed: Here's a Complete List of Revised Traffic Violation Fines
- Mandira Bedi Posts Stunning Beach Photo from Maldives, See Here
- Hrithik Roshan, Tiger Shroff Perform Dangerous Bike Chase Stunts on Portugal's Highest Peak for War
- These Shirtless Pics of Nick Jonas Have Fans Gushing Over His 'Dad Bod'
- PUBG Mobile 0.14.0 Beta Update: New UI, Helicopters, Zombie Mode Update and More