Board at Mosque Gate 'Bars' Entry to This Muslim BJP Leader in Gujarat
The board, hung at the gate of a mosque in Yakutpura area, said that Zahir Qureshi, general secretary of minority cell of the BJP's city unit, 'should not enter by trustees' order'.
Image for representation: Reuters
Vadodara: A board was put up at the gate of a mosque in this Gujarat city 'banning' a Muslim BJP leader from entering the holy place, police said on Thursday, adding it was not clear who put it up.
The board, hung at the gate of a mosque in Yakutpura area, said that Zahir Qureshi, general secretary of minority cell of the BJP's city unit, "should not enter by trustees' order".
Police commissioner Anupam Singh Gehlaut said police were investigating who put up the board.
Qureshi told PTI that some people did not like his attending a meeting of BJP Muslim leaders in Delhi last month to discuss an amicable solution to the Babri Masjid dispute.
The trustees of the mosque issued a statement denying that they had issued any order prohibiting entry to Qureshi.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- In Pics: Taking a Sneak Peek into 13 Reasons Why Season 3, Find Out Who Killed Bryce Walker?
- Party of Four on the Way: Lisa Haydon Announces Second Pregnancy with Adorable Post
- Hilarious 'Alag Alag' Memes from Ayushmann's 'Dream Girl' Trailer Bring Twitter Together
- A New Microchip Gives Obese People Electric Shocks Each Time They Think About Food
- Instead of Putting Unsold Stuff in a Garbage Dump, Amazon Will Donate it Instead