Bodies of 2 More Children Found in Canal, Toll in Lucknow Accident Climbs to 5
The vehicle was carrying 29 people, who were returning home after a wedding, sank into a canal. While 24 people were rescued, seven children were missing and bodies of three were fished out Thursday itself.
Rescue operations underway after a vehicle carrying 29 people fell into Indira canal in in Nagram area of Lucknow. (Image: ANI/Twitter)
Lucknow: With the recovery of two more bodies, the toll in Thursday's accident in which a pick-up van plunged into a canal near here has climbed to five, officials said on Friday.
The bodies of Sajan (8) and Mansi (7) were fished out during an intensive search operation launched by divers of the NDRF and SDRF after the vehicle plummeted into the canal. Both of them belonged to Barabanki, a city east of Lucknow.
The vehicle was carrying 29 people, who were returning home after attending a wedding in Barabanki. Twenty-two of them were rescued.
Seven children were missing and bodies of three were fished out Thursday itself.
The van fell into the Indira canal in Nagram area on the outskirts of the city on Thursday, Lucknow District Magistrate Kaushal Raj Sharma had said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Kim Kardashian Shares Pictures of Times She 'Taped up' Her Breasts
- Study Concludes Apple Watch Can Detect Heart Rate Irregularities
- Venice Regional Council Floods Minutes After Rejecting Steps to Combat Climate Change
- WhatsApp Getting New Facebook Branding; But Still no Dark Mode For The Rest of us
- Very Few World Class Bowlers in Test Cricket Now: Sachin Tendulkar