Bodies of Bengal Labourers Killed by Militants in Kashmir Brought Back Home
Municipal Affairs Minister Firhad Hakim said that the bodies of Noimuddin Sheikh, Mursalim Sheikh, Rofik Sheikh, Kamruddin Sheikh and Rofikul Sheikh are being sent to their homes in Murshidabad district.
Image credit: News18
Kolkata: The bodies of the five labourers, who were killed by militants in Kashmir, have been brought to the city, a senior West Bengal minister said on Wednesday.
The bodies of Noimuddin Sheikh, Mursalim Sheikh, Rofik Sheikh, Kamruddin Sheikh and Rofikul Sheikh are being sent to their homes in Murshidabad district, Municipal Affairs Minister Firhad Hakim said.
Jahiruddin Sheikh, who was injured, has been brought to Kolkata and admitted to the state-run SSKM hospital here, he said. The labourers used to work at apple orchards in Kulgam district of south Kashmir and were shot dead by the terrorists on Tuesday night.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Chaayos Insists They Only Use Your Facial Data To Let You Buy a Cup of Chai Quickly
- Maurizio Sarri Confirms Cristiano Ronaldo Will Miss Juventus' Trip to Atalanta
- Bigg Boss 13: Rashami Desai Taunts Shehnaz Gill for Borrowing Her Designer Clothes
- Tesla Launches Electric ‘Cybertruck' Inspired From Blade Runner Movie, Priced at $39,900
- Microsoft Delays Surface Earbuds to Next Year, as Things Aren’t Quite Right