Body of Indian Techie Killed in Kansas Reaches Hyderabad
The mortal remains of the Indian engineer, who was shot dead in the United States in an apparent hate crime incident, arrived at the international airport on Monday night.
Late Srinivas Kuchibhotla, right, poses for photo with his wife Sunayana Dumala in Cedar Rapids, Iowa/AP
Hyderabad: The mortal remains of the Indian engineer, who was shot dead in the United States in an apparent hate crime incident, arrived at the international airport on Monday night.
The body was taken to his residence in Bachupally area of the city after it arrived in a flight at Shamsabad.
Srinivas Kuchibhotla (32), working at the Garmin headquarters in Olathe, was killed in the shooting on Wednesday night. Another Indian and his colleague Alok Madasani was injured in the incident.
The incident took place at Austins Bar and Grill in Olathe in Kansas City in the US state of Missouri.
Ian Grillot, an American, was injured when he tried to tackle the accused, Adam Purinton (51), who was arrested on Thursday morning, five hours after the incident.
Purinton had reportedly yelled "get out of my country" before opening fire on Kuchibhotla and Madasani.
Recommended For You
- Christmas Melody or Date-rape Song? Radio Stations Review 'Baby It's Cold Outside' in Light of #MeToo
- 'Try Something New, Come to Italy' - Ronaldo's Challenge to Messi
- #SeduceMeIn4Words: This Hashtag Has Got Twitter Looking Out for Mr or Ms Write
- Sara Ali Khan: Had My Mom Not Liked Kedarnath’s Narration, I’d Have Done It Anyway
- Xiaomi Poco F1 Gets Permanent Price Cut of Rs 1,000; Now Starts at Rs 19,999
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s