Boiler Blast in Gopalganj's Sasa Musa Sugar Mill: Five Workers Killed, 7 Critically Injured
At least 100 workers were reportedly on duty when the boiler exploded at the Sasa Musa sugar mill in Gopalganj district.
Initial reports said the boiler exploded due to overheating. (Mukesh/Network18)
Patna: At least five workers died and seven were critically injured when a boiler exploded at the Sasa Musa sugar mill in Bihar’s Gopalganj district early on Thursday.
At least 100 workers were reportedly on duty when the boiler exploded at the mill, located in Ki Chaukor area of the district.
Initial reports said the boiler exploded due to overheating. Relatives of one of the deceased workers told News18 that the mill owner had ignored timely inspection of the boiler by engineers and kept operations going.
A report in The Indian Express said the mill owner has been arrested.
Those critically injured have sustained more than 90 percent burn injuries, Gopalganj district government hospital superintendent Shashikant Mishra said.
The incident comes more than a month after a similar blast claimed 43 lives at a state-run NTPC power plant in Uttar Pradesh’s Rae Bareli.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Samsung Diwali Sale: Offers on Galaxy S9, Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy M10s and More
- Inside Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor's Wedding Anniversary Party
- Truecaller Makes a Big Privacy Pitch as Focus on Instant Messaging Intensifies
- Xiaomi Redmi Note Smartphone Series Crosses 100 Million Shipment Milestone
- Google Assistant Bug is Causing Battery Drain in Android Phones