Bombs Hurled at CPI-M Office in Kozhikode; None Injured
Some unidentified persons hurled two bombs at the CPI-M district office on Friday.
Kozhikode: Some unidentified persons hurled two bombs at the CPI-M district office on Friday.
Police said no one was injured in the incident which left window panes in the front portion of the building damaged.
One of the bombs exploded while another was recovered from the compound of the office and defused, police added.
A group of persons came and threw the bombs at the office at about 1.30 am, they added.
CPI-M sources said party district secretary P Mohanan arrived at the office a few minutes before the incident but escaped unhurt.
They alleged that RSS activists were behind the attack.
The incident came two days after bombs were hurled at the BJP district office in Thiruvananthapuram.
BJP had alleged that CPI-M workers were behind the June 7 incident when two unidentified persons threw a 'petrol' bomb.
The attack on BJP office came in the backdrop of the attempt to manhandle CPI(M) general secretary Sitaram Yechury in New Delhi by two members of a fringe Hindu outfit.
Recommended For You
- Malaika Arora Gets Cosy With Rumoured Boyfriend Arjun Kapoor at a Party; Photo Goes Viral
- What's Your Excuse? Research Proves Living in Colder, Darker Climates Increases How Much Alcohol You Drink
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Review: JK Rowling Prepares Fans for the Great War to Come
- Facebook Suggests The Switch to Android From iPhones Was Purely on Merit, Not a Tiff With Tim Cook
- #ThisIsNotConsent: Women Are Tweeting Pictures of their Underwear, and you Should Pay Attention