Bombs Hurled at CPI-M Office in Kozhikode; None Injured
Some unidentified persons hurled two bombs at the CPI-M district office on Friday.
Kozhikode: Some unidentified persons hurled two bombs at the CPI-M district office on Friday.
Police said no one was injured in the incident which left window panes in the front portion of the building damaged.
One of the bombs exploded while another was recovered from the compound of the office and defused, police added.
A group of persons came and threw the bombs at the office at about 1.30 am, they added.
CPI-M sources said party district secretary P Mohanan arrived at the office a few minutes before the incident but escaped unhurt.
They alleged that RSS activists were behind the attack.
The incident came two days after bombs were hurled at the BJP district office in Thiruvananthapuram.
BJP had alleged that CPI-M workers were behind the June 7 incident when two unidentified persons threw a 'petrol' bomb.
The attack on BJP office came in the backdrop of the attempt to manhandle CPI(M) general secretary Sitaram Yechury in New Delhi by two members of a fringe Hindu outfit.
Catch the Biggest Newsmakers and the Biggest Newsbreaks on CNN-News18, your favourite English TV news channel. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 Paise per Month. Contact your cable /DTH operator Now!
*Rental / capacity fee of Rs.130/- as charged by cable / DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Titans Review: A Mix of Noir and Rib-cracking Action Makes this DC Show on Netflix Worth a Watch
- Hard to Find a Corner to Relax - Djokovic Concerned About 'Big Brother' Cameras
- Deepika Padukone Ranks Ahead of Shah Rukh, Salman Khan on Most Valued Indian Celebrity List
- Janhvi Kapoor Gets Heavily Trolled for Flaunting Holographic Outfit Copied from International Brand
- Guinness World Records Makes a Man Eat Humble Pie After His Failed Pi Memorisation Record 'Attempt'
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s